• Tenant Improvements
• Accelerated Schedules
• Competitive Project Pricing
We view our interior construction services in terms of phases. These phases include preconstruction, construction and postconstruction.
Open communication and shared goals help establish the partnership between owners, architects and contractors during preconstruction, leading to a more successful project. We firmly believe that providing comprehensive, factual information to the owner and architect from the beginning allows for informed decisions.
During the construction phase, we continue to work closely with the owner, architect and all subcontractors to ensure that a project stays on schedule and under budget.
The goal of preconstruction is to ensure that your project is well understood by all participants and that your facility, design and budget are in line with your expectations.
During preconstruction we will:
- Perform a site analysis to eliminate excessive cost or future surprises
- Create an overall site master plan – confirm parking, traffic circulation and existing infrastructure capacity, location and proposed routing
- Evaluate proposed materials, systems and product delivery
- Clarify details consistent with industry practices so bidders don’t fill their bids with high-priced contingencies
- Identify long-lead delivery materials and equipment and pre-qualify vendors
- Prepare a detailed conceptual project estimate utilizing OnScreen and Timberline estimating systems
- Develop comprehensive bid packages for each trade
- Select 3-4 qualified bidders from every trade
- Assist with agencies requiring approvals, including design committees, governments and utility providers
- Verify Compliance with Federal, state and local regulations
- Schedule the entire project, start to finish
- Provide a project specific safety plan and communicate safety plan to subcontractors and site visitors
At every step we keep communication open with all stakeholders to ensure absolute clarity on expectations and accountability.
Our bidding process is completely transparent. When it comes time to bid the project, we intend to sit down together and review the numbers and collectively make determinations as to the best value subcontractor for the project. It is a true "open book" scenario where the end goal is always to provide the owner with the best value and highest quality. This process is extremely effective and over 90% of our work is with repeat clients where they too have found the benefit of the open book method. All other costs will be competitively bid and included as part of the lump sum agreement.
The following quality control procedures are just some of the ways we ensure that craftsmanship is at its best from subcontractors:
- Superintendent Daily Quality Walk
- Weekly Operations Executive Project Quality Walk
- Pre-Punch List at every Construction Milestone Date
- Use of BIM 360 software during Punch List to quickly document and distribute Punch List corrections
Our team is very active in communicating daily progress to owners and uses the following platforms for communication:
- Daily construction update email
- Weekly construction meeting discussing project needs and owners expectations
- RFI logs
- ASI logs
- Submittal logs
- Meeting minutes
- 24 / 7 availability to our project team
You will also have a Dedicated Project Executive who you can call at any time to discuss any issues.
After the project is complete, we take every precaution to ensure that the building meets the owner’s expectations. We warranty all of our work for a one year period, and we perform a mandatory 11 month walk-though, designed to identify any problems or malfunctions that need to be corrected before the warranty expires.
LAYTON CONSTRUCTION CO.
ICS is the interiors and small ground-up construction unit of Layton Construction Co. First organized in 1953, Layton has become a nationally ranked contractor and construction manager with 8 office locations and work performed in over 35 states.